World-Designs-Forum

World-Designs-Forum (http://www.world-designs.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   News (http://www.world-designs.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Kicking and screaming into the twenty-first century (http://www.world-designs.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7926)

Richard 6th July 2020 12:03 PM

Kicking and screaming into the twenty-first century

Recent threads have brought to the fore that we have very many inactive Members and Iím grateful the issue has been raised! I can see no reason not to rationalise a bit, and I am proposing to delete all Members who have not a) visited in the last 5 years AND b) have never posted.

This is not a ďunilateralĒ decision - and it hasnít happened yet! Iíd be most grateful for feedback and to hear from anyone who can think of any reason not to go ahead. But in the absence of countervailing protest, it will happen in a week-or-soís time.

We are always glad to share our resources (and hilarious badinage) with as many enthusiasts as possible. If anyone is aware of someone who may be offended by this, please let me know! Otherwise, any Member who has been affected by this is MORE than welcome to re-apply and we will be delighted to welcome them back.

It will continue to be the case that visitors to the forum will be able to read - but they will not be able to contribute or access various other functions (including Membership details).

Many thanks for your continuing support and please donít hesitate to be in touch - about anything!

Thanks,

Matthew

bob orbell 6th July 2020 02:09 PM

Re: Kicking and screaming into the twenty-first century

A little confused by this post, is this Richard or Matthew ? any way, if its' Richard he will well know my thoughts, but if Matthew then yes this is a good plan. Bob

Richard 6th July 2020 05:33 PM

Matthew's post I'm just the bill poster :thumbsup:

John Caswell 6th July 2020 07:26 PM

Don't shoot the messenger, bad etiquette.
I concur with all Matthew says.

John

Shane 6th July 2020 08:58 PM

Seems fair. If like me you visit often but donít post much, all you need to do is make the odd post now and then.

Greg. 6th July 2020 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 91376)
Seems fair. If like me you visit often but donít post much, all you need to do is make the odd post now and then.

Or read offline and rejoin when you are looking for a response. Selfish (If not contributing) but nevertheless, easy to do.

vinylspinner 6th July 2020 09:19 PM

Yes, 100% happy with Mathewís proposal.

colin.hepburn 6th July 2020 09:51 PM

Yep I spoke with mathew on the phone today so Iím fine with this as well
Colin

Greg. 6th July 2020 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinylspinner (Post 91378)
Yes, 100% happy with Mathewís proposal.

And me.

Shane 7th July 2020 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg. (Post 91377)
Or read offline and rejoin when you are looking for a response. Selfish (If not contributing) but nevertheless, easy to do.

Why so? I look at the forum to keep up to date with members activities, but Iím not doing any projects at the moment so I donít have much to say that would be of any interest to anyone else. I donít think that makes me selfish.