World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For anything else WD or hifi

Old 12th September 2017, 09:09 AM

Default Re: A gun, wax and hearing problems.

Yes the great big business organisation - the EU. I look at comments in the UK press made by turkeys voting for Christmas. The EU never ever interferes with the profits of big business.

Once upon a time restaurants once had their waste removed and fed to pigs, the EU banned that, so that the enormously powerful agri-business could sell chemical laden crap to pig farmers. A big test was done in France to see how effective all the pesticides and herbicides were for vegetable production, guess what only 2 veg benefited from any kind of chemical intervention - the rest produced bigger and better crops without this. The only place that farmers can get information from is - agri-business.

You can check out easily online BG the rip-off with hearing aids and of course the EU is not interested in doing anything - mus'nt interfere with profits for the big boys. Strikes are going to be a big thing in France from this month.

A Whirlpool factory is closing down in NE France and the whole shebang is being transferred to - Poland with financial help from - the EU. There are about 17 British companies that with financial bribes from the EU transferred their business to Poland and Romania, the British workers were treated as less than nothing.

There is no work in Romania and has'nt been any since the fall of Red Fascism there. All the East European countries are riven with wholesale corruption. I remember well meeting Ukrainians in Spain and the stories they told were almost unbelieveable.

Don't believe the crap you see in the UK press, many,many French want Frexit, shame that it was only Le Pen promoting this.

Don't buy Lipton's Tea, the whole production was shifted to - Poland. The UK is the biggest market, if Brits stop buying it will collapse and send a clear message.

There are many options with the Chinese produced hearing aids, I don't think that 25-35 is a lot to risk.

I don't like being ripped off and buy mostly from Taiwan/China and the USA. My AT33EV cartridge I bought in the USA for $300 (it was 1=$1.70 ) when a Brit (well known to this forum) was urging people not to buy grey imports @ 456.

I've been banging on about the Russian mil. spec. K73-16 caps for a long time, sadly for those who would'nt spend pennies to trial them have missed out, all the useable values have gone, absolutely bloody brilliant for those who want neutrality.
Old 13th September 2017, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Hi all,
This thread is getting a little too political, tone it down please.

John
Old 13th September 2017, 10:45 AM

To reference the huge profits made from hearing aids right across the EU is not political it is a fact, in countries that have Right and Leftwing governments. Unless of course you support this rip-off, I don't.

That people are losing their jobs in western Europe with bribes from Brussels is a fact, not a political statement. Perhaps the lines from Pink Floyd in 71 are appropriate - quiet desperation is the English way.
Old 13th September 2017, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Stuart, you are known for bring very vociferous about lots of things, so, like I said tone it down please.

John

Last edited by John Caswell; 13th September 2017 at 06:30 PM. Reason: typo
Old 16th August 2018, 09:34 PM

Having mine done tomorrow. Had a check last week, but an irrigation is required. I had them done 4 years ago to great effect. The change after a good clean is amazing.
Old 18th August 2018, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Hi all,
Had mine checked a couple of years ago, usual problem about 6dB down at 8KHz, possibly more.
Went to Royal Berks Audiology Dept. in Bracknell which is apparently the best locally and was fitted with NHS over the ear types.
What a difference, had them programmed for normal, noisy areas and music.
Took a long time to get spatial awareness back and still a bit nebulous but all in all very worthwhile - can now hear the Ladywife - don't know if that is a good thing.
Think that one of the main problems of going to the high street chains is that there is no guarantee that you get a qualified audiologist and they are there to sell.

John
Old 18th August 2018, 05:18 PM

I got a pair of NH aids a few weeks ago, to be honest, I don't use them much, I know I should but, I just can't get on with them, my music sounds bloody awful, with them in, plus, I motorcycle and cycle a lot, tried them on the bicycle, even at very slow speeds the wind sound is a no no, and if I use them in my workshop using the mill or lathe, I can't hear other sounds, o well, the joy of getting old . BOB
Old 18th August 2018, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Bob et al,
This of course is the main problem with all hearing aids, you go from something that can differentiate sounds around, to basically a point receiver (the microphone) so it takes some time for the brain to catch up.
I would not be without mine now even, allowing for the deficiencies, ie wind noise hair catching in the microphone shields and so on.
Persevere, it won't get you back to square one, but it is better than nothing all.

John
Old 19th August 2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Caswell View Post
Hi Bob et al,
This of course is the main problem with all hearing aids, you go from something that can differentiate sounds around, to basically a point receiver (the microphone) so it takes some time for the brain to catch up.
I would not be without mine now even, allowing for the deficiencies, ie wind noise hair catching in the microphone shields and so on.
Persevere, it won't get you back to square one, but it is better than nothing all.

John
Agreed - they are an acquired taste but perseverance does bring rewards; I'm quite lost without mine.

And they provide additional benefits too. I have the de luxe models which have volume control of both ears with a radio link between the two - hope this doesn't encourage brain tumors. Before encasing myself in my crash hat, I reduce the volume to almost nil; this has the remarkable effect of attenuating a Gold Star exhaust, curing piston slap and silencing excessive valve clearances without even so much as glancing at the engine. And with Balthazar's exposed exhaust valves with clearances of 0,028", this is quite a feat!

Stick with the programme, Bob.
Old 20th August 2018, 07:32 AM

Thank,s John & Baggo, I took them with me yesterday to the pub and put them in after cycling there, we sat out in the garden and they help with conversation, inside the pub though, I had to adjust the volume down, because conversation was getting quite confusing, like you both have said, the brain needs to relearn, I shall try to use them more. BOB