World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For anything else WD or hifi

Old 6th September 2018, 06:21 PM

Default Seriously up rated values

There are more than a few on this forum who were serious about their sound systems way before the likes of me (mid 90s).

For some reason which I c an't remember now I virtually stopped buying audiophile vinyl sometime in the 90s - more's the pity.

Not long before we made the move 30K down the road I decided to take a look at what my vinyl might be worth because i wanted to simplify how i listened to music entering into my dotage.

What a shock - if I knew then what I know now was my response and none more so than the vinyl I was buying in the early 90s and the vinyl I had thought about buying at the end of the 60s'.

Then I took a look at the valves I had bought from around 2000 onwards - quite crazy.

Yesterday I was looking for some 2200uF/25V and some 100uF/16V caps for the Isomagic. I found some Cerafine and Silmic originals and today I found some Black Gates FK series - $80 - 106 per cap. I know a lot of Wadders bought into the BG PSU power caps - a few of them would pay for a foreign holiday.

I had forgot that I bought a Seiden stereo att. - retails at 74 (Greg populated it for me) for the Pre 2. Then I found a bag with some Audionote 2 W tants, they retail at about 10 each - crazy.

I'll bet there are others with far more gear to get rid of.