World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For anything else WD or hifi

Old 5th September 2018, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Screened lead

Hello Greg,

The silver wire I used was from HiFi Collective. It is HGC branded in their "hook up wire" section. I used 0.5mm as it is only for signal use. I expect the same stuff or similar is available other places as well.

As you mentioned Maplin, the stuff I took out is single core OFC. I actually have quite a bit of this in the cupboard and as I now would probably not be using it for HiFi any more, you would be welcome to try some of that. I thought it was an upgrade from the "grey bootlace" stuff when I first used it. It is what I used for the feedback wiring in Intenso's KEL84. I have an RCA interconnect cable made up with it that you would be welcome to borrow to for a listen.
It is reasonably easy to work with but it is 5mm diameter so maybe too big for you?

Phil.
Old 11th September 2018, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Screened lead

Thanks for your offer, Phil. I have decided to proceed as I originally intended and then Intenso can have a listen to the result. If he requires the sound to be softened, I may well take you up on your offer. Iíll let you know.