World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For anything else WD or hifi

Old 2nd July 2007, 06:03 PM

Default Re: HiFi World mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre65 View Post
Hi Darren-i understand what you say,but the quoted post does not seem to be aimed at a specific person.

Philip
Exactly...
Old 2nd July 2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren D View Post
I only asked if anyone had seen it in Tesco's

Must you always dissect every post?
tch tch Darren, You forgot your smileys!!!

You intimated that you always used smileys so that us pedants would know when you weren't being rude............

Ed
Old 2nd July 2007, 06:48 PM

Anyway, Darren. You need to read the latest rag, letters page 102. Interesting attack from Trevor Jones, Aphelion Audio, who produces wooden plinths for Garrards and took exception (irrationally so) to Adam Smith's take on wooden CLD plinths in his review of Slatedeck. It appears Mr Jones didn't like such a good review of a competitors product, or at least, that's how I read his letter. Adam deals nicely with the attack in his reply.

Are you aware that HFW is now available as an online mag for about half the hard copy subscription?

Best wishes,

Greg
Old 2nd July 2007, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalstates View Post
tch tch Darren, You forgot your smileys!!!

You intimated that you always used smileys so that us pedants would know when you weren't being rude............

Ed
And?
Old 2nd July 2007, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg. View Post
Anyway, Darren. You need to read the latest rag, letters page 102. Interesting attack from Trevor Jones, Aphelion Audio, who produces wooden plinths for Garrards and took exception (irrationally so) to Adam Smith's take on wooden CLD plinths in his review of Slatedeck. It appears Mr Jones didn't like such a good review of a competitors product, or at least, that's how I read his letter. Adam deals nicely with the attack in his reply.

Are you aware that HFW is now available as an online mag for about half the hard copy subscription?

Best wishes,

Greg
Thanks Greg,
As Trevor Jones doesn't have a slate plinth to compare (that I'm aware of? Does he say otherwise?) then maybe he should join this forum, should fit in nicely...ha, ha, ha !!!

Now then you lot, I've put in three ha's, three smileys and if you need any further clarification that my post is nothing more than humour then just let me know.
Old 2nd July 2007, 07:07 PM

Quote:

Best wishes,

Greg
No I wasn't aware Greg, thanks, but I'd rather have a hard copy. The missus already thinks I'm addicted to this screen
Old 2nd July 2007, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Hi All
Is it me or am I detecting some aggression on this forum of late not just on this post but all the way thought? Maybe it’s just me OK I will blame the whether then

Turntable Rega 3 custom RB250 with ortofon 2M Blue /other goldring 1042 /WD phono2 /WD CF pre custom converted /WD psu2 /home built JE Labs Single Ended 6SL7/KT66/Speakers Frugal horns Mk1s
Other turntables AR EB101/Thorns TD150mk2/Thorns TD160mk2

If you have trouble reading my posts its because I am a dyslexic member
Old 2nd July 2007, 11:30 PM

It's this poxy weather....it make people grumpy

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
broken again - still it's there:
the moon on the water.

- Choshu.
Old 3rd July 2007, 01:13 PM

Quote:

Best wishes,

Greg
What Mr Trevor Jones fails to point out is that the 'other' review of the Slatedeck (which you can read from our catalogue) also shows the superiority of Slatedeck over wooden plinths.
Old 3rd July 2007, 11:51 PM

He probably didn't think the truth (or at least all the facts) needed to be brought in at this stage...

Incidentally, after running a quick 'net search about Mr Jones's wonderful plinth, which was so savagely attacked in HFW, I'm effectively non the wiser as I can find just about no information on them. 'Can't see what the bloke's whinging about. Especially if it's at a completely different price point.