World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > The Coffee Bar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Coffee Bar Drop in for a chat or say hello if you're a new member!

Old 13th November 2017, 03:35 PM

Default You Never Know

Went to a 'marche aux puces'/flea market on Sunday. Crap weather,cold with a very light drizzle, did'nt think it was worth wearing over trousers for the 16K journey on the moto - bad call. I was wearing ski trousers that are supposed to be waterproof - don't you believe it.

Arrived with bottom half wet, really pissed off. Went in and - nothing except half a box of Lps that I wouldn't make into frisbees. Saw a very nice Art Nouveau vase I could resell easily in London but was too wet and cold to bother.

Decided to exit down the only aisle I hadn't scanned. Saw a jazz CD that looked very new - John Coltrane. I didn't recognise the label but took a look ,mint or near mint,checked the stack of CDs and they were all jazz or blues and the same label. The stall owner came over "30 Euros" he said. I checked out most of the rest and media and sleeves were mint or mint- offered him 25 for the 29 CDs. Got home and checked out the values on discogs, none less that 5, most 10 and a couple 20 - it stopped raining on the way home - I didn't feel so peed off.

Idea - I'm going to try to organise an amateur LP/CD/DVD/audio gear fair here where I live. Using tourist offices, maries office and the radio station in Rodez.

Reasons why - postage costs are becoming insane and pro sellers are ripping people off with the charges - big profits that they don't declare to I/R and inaccurate descriptions and badly packed LPs - vamos a ver.