World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > WD Loudspeakers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WD Loudspeakers For discussion of World Designs Loudspeakers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 4th September 2010, 12:18 AM
Xacity's Avatar
Xacity Xacity is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 11
Default KLS10 tweeter replacement help.

My HD3P Audax tweeters really need replacing, as the air pressure rises, the tweeters become more like gold walnuts.

I have no problems modifying the cabinet to accomodate new units, but haven't got a clue where to start if I need to take out HD3P's own crossover or modify them and don't want to spend a fortune.

So its asking a lot but is there a tweeter out there I could use? If not I would rather put the money into bulidng a floor standing kit.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 5th September 2010, 01:43 PM
John7's Avatar
John7 John7 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London
Posts: 120
Default Re: KLS10 tweeter replacement help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacity View Post
My HD3P Audax tweeters really need replacing, as the air pressure rises, the tweeters become more like gold walnuts.

I have no problems modifying the cabinet to accomodate new units, but haven't got a clue where to start if I need to take out HD3P's own crossover or modify them and don't want to spend a fortune.

So its asking a lot but is there a tweeter out there I could use? If not I would rather put the money into bulidng a floor standing kit.
Hi Xacity,

If you want a floor standing kit, look at IPL Acoustics. That is, until Mr Dave Cawley starts producing a 'new' WD speaker kit.

John
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 5th September 2010, 05:27 PM
Global Global is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Newmilns, Ayrshire, UK
Posts: 601
Default Re: KLS10 tweeter replacement help.

Wasn't there an article or two about replacing these 'golden walnuts' in Hi-Fi World? I seem to remember something about it.

Anyone?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 5th September 2010, 06:21 PM
Stratmangler's Avatar
Stratmangler Stratmangler is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Rossendale, Lancs
Posts: 401
Default Re: KLS10 tweeter replacement help.

Seas Millenium tweeter IIRC.

That and a crossover rebuild.
__________________
Chris

You can't take it with you when you go !
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 20th September 2010, 12:41 PM
Xacity's Avatar
Xacity Xacity is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 11
Default Re: KLS10 tweeter replacement help.

Thanks folks, having seen the price of the Millenium Tweeter I did'nt want to spend that sort of cash and wouldn't know where to start redoing the crossover.

I've looked at the IPL sight before and I think I might try their ST2LM ribbon design. Will have to give it a bit of thought, unless a new Mr Cawley WD speaker kit comes out in the mean time.

Cheers Trevor
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 20th September 2010, 02:43 PM
bob orbell bob orbell is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: kettering northants.
Posts: 794
Default Re: KLS10 tweeter replacement help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacity View Post
Thanks folks, having seen the price of the Millenium Tweeter I did'nt want to spend that sort of cash and wouldn't know where to start redoing the crossover.

I've looked at the IPL sight before and I think I might try their ST2LM ribbon design. Will have to give it a bit of thought, unless a new Mr Cawley WD speaker kit comes out in the mean time.

Cheers Trevor
Hello Trevor, I dont no if these are any help to you,
I have some Audax tweeters, the number on the box is TW034X0.
They have a 40mm soft dome and the outside dia. is 130mm, I dont even remember why I bought them.
On the subject of ILP kits, I had one of there small TL kits, 3MTL I think with dome tweeters, very very good, I then went for the next size up with a ribbon tweeter, load of shit, I played with the crossover for six months or more and finaly choped them up for fire wood, he may well have got them right now.
PM me if these tweeters are any good to you. BOB.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 23rd September 2010, 12:33 PM
KC Jones KC Jones is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Stafford
Posts: 43
Default Re: KLS10 tweeter replacement help.

Bob
Sorry to hijack this thread but if Trevor does not want the Audax TW034XO speakers, I am interested.
Thanks - Kevin.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 24th September 2010, 02:06 PM
bob orbell bob orbell is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: kettering northants.
Posts: 794
Default Re: KLS10 tweeter replacement help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Jones View Post
Bob
Sorry to hijack this thread but if Trevor does not want the Audax TW034XO speakers, I am interested.
Thanks - Kevin.
Hello Kevin, your are in luck, I have five all new, I do not know what they are worth, can I leave it to you to make an offer and the quantiy you want.
I think post costs will be less than 5.00 each. Thank BOB.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 25th September 2010, 11:40 PM
KC Jones KC Jones is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Stafford
Posts: 43
Default Re: KLS10 tweeter replacement help.

Hi Bob,
These are tricky tweeters to find our much about price wise. I'm getting IRO 69-79 euros, and IRO $80 dollars, nothing I can find in sterling, so hows about 30 a pair, I only need 1 pair.
Cheers - Kevin.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 26th September 2010, 08:09 AM
bob orbell bob orbell is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: kettering northants.
Posts: 794
Default Re: KLS10 tweeter replacement help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Jones View Post
Hi Bob,
These are tricky tweeters to find our much about price wise. I'm getting IRO 69-79 euros, and IRO $80 dollars, nothing I can find in sterling, so hows about 30 a pair, I only need 1 pair.
Cheers - Kevin.
Good morning Kevin, you have a PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright World Designs